About your surgery
After Your Visit
In most cases, depending on your procedure, you will be ready to leave the Center 30 minutes to two hours following completion of your surgery. You will be given specific instructions from your physician regarding your care prior to discharge from the Center.
For your comfort and safety
For your comfort and safety, we remind you of the following:
- Have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Take it easy until your physician says you can return to your normal routine.
- It is natural to experience some discomfort in the area of the operation. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness depending on the type of anesthesia you receive, or on the amount of pain medication you are taking at home.
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding diet, rest, and medication.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or power tools, cook, drink alcoholic beverages, make legal decisions, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Contact your physician if you feel you are having problems after discharge. If you cannot contact your doctor but feel your concerns warrant a doctor’s attention, call or go to the emergency room closest to you.
- It is very important to remember – you must have a responsible adult drive you home after the procedure.
The day after surgery, a member of the surgery center staff will call to see how you are doing. If your surgery is on a Friday, you will be contacted on Monday. Or, you may contact us during business hours. We would love to receive your feedback on our services at this time as well. Please let us know about the care you received.
Patient Satisfaction Survey
A copy of our Patient Satisfaction Survey will be mailed to you. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey and return it in the postage-paid envelope.
Comments and suggestions
Your comments and suggestions are very important to us, and will help us improve the service we provide to our future patients and their families. Thank you for your time and assistance in this important process, we appreciate your support.
The Hand Center has agreed to comply with the provisions of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subject to discrimination in the provision of any care or service.